1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many sites do you run?

Discussion in 'Website Development' started by m1k30rz, Dec 22, 2007.

1. JuiceMonkey

JuiceMonkey New Member

http://adminmania.com/website-review/all-of-my-sites-t199.html These are some of my sites not all of them I am in the process of starting up a new members site for people wanting resell rights to things. I will use money collected from member fees to by anything and everything with resell rights. Anyways my sites number in the 20's ish and of all time some where around the 40+ mark

2. preeti22

preeti22 Guest

I am currently running 3 sites and 1 blog.

3. SKP Global

SKP Global New Member

only 5 Sites...

4. Akshay_M

Akshay_M New Member

There are virtually no limits. You can configure thousands of sites on a single small server.

However what you need to look out for is the resources usage on ththe server. So if you have a thousand sites configured on the server but only a few of them actually get traffic, it's not a problem. If it's all static websites, it's not a problem. Using a modern server like nginx, can easily handle hundreds of requests every second.

You'll get problems if you have dynamic sites that need databases and so on. They are much more resource intensive so you need to scale dow the number of sites per server.

5. Divya Patil

Divya Patil New Member

Great answers through the customers, I'm also planning to start a new website.